- Customer Service: 209-883-8222
- My Electric Account
Resources for Educators
TID has resources available for teachers looking to educate students regarding the many facets of water and power. Some of these resources can be downloaded below. Other digital resources will be posted to this page as they become available.
- Hunting energy vampires worksheet (pdf)
- Make your own solar cooker (pdf)
- Water cycle presentation (ppt)
- Energy presentation (ppt)
- Hydrologic cycle chart (pdf)
- Water Works teacher guide and hydropower lessons (pdf)
Additionally, TID has a Resource Lending Library available so that educators who teach within TID's service area have access to many books, videos and lesson plans regarding water and power. Browse the library's contents by clicking the link above. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to reserve material.
TID also has several downloadable Fact Sheets available for educators, including fact sheets focusing on La Grange Dam and the Don Pedro Project.
Helpful external resources
- The U.S. Energy Information Administration's Energy Kids website offers comprehensive and fun information on energy sources and energy conservation, plus games and much more.
- Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFi) has a comprehensive Safety Educator's Guide section of its website. It includes classroom programs and materials, videos, and an interactive kids corner.